Thursday, December 24, 2009

It's upon me at last

Christmas is finally here. Usually I get much more excited than this. It's nice and everything, but I really feel like it's wrong this year. I miss my house and my cats and just... my old life.

But anyways, it's been fun. I just got back today from dad's with the sisters. We cooked a nice Christmas meal, which was fun because we don't usually cook together (or cook period). It actually ended up tasting pretty good as well. Christmas with an unemployed parent is much different than the extravagance we've been used to in the past, but I found that I actually enjoyed it a lot. When you have less money to spend on gifts it kind of forces you to get creative. And having Christmas with two parents at two separate times is also kind of fun. I pretty much get to celebrate it for two days instead of just one.

Of course, nothing compares to a good old-fashioned family Christmas.

My dad gave my sisters and I snuggies. Yes, snuggies. It was a joke, but still. They are so ridiculous and hilarious. Mine is a revolting pepto bismo pink. Hahaha. It's kind of chaotic around the house because we have Abby, Jenna's cat Edgar and Erin's dog Toby (short for Tobias) all in here. Edgar hates dogs and Abby and Toby aren't getting along too well... but it's nice to have more people in the house when i'm used to it being just my mom and I.

I finally found gifts for everyone that I think they'll like without too much stress. Although my hands are sore from knitting. I can see why people like hand-knitted scarves as presents, because they take freaking forever to make. I literally spent ten hours sitting on the couch at dad's, knitting and watching an ANTM marathon. Productive day, right? I'm worn out. I feel like... this holiday season is kind of wrong, or something. Something's not right about it. And obviously I know what it is, but it's hard to acknowledge I guess.

I'm really excited for London. It's crazy to think that i'll be there in a matter of days... I can't wait. I will probably be able to get a whole scarf knitted just on the way there... 15 hours of free time with hardly any space to move. It makes me really glad I have small legs. And I did end up finding some cute, cheap rain boots at forever 21. God I love that store. I just hope everything goes to plan and that I don't freak out from irritation of being around my friends 24/7 for a week straight. It'll be really cool to see London with all of them.

I'll probably be writing tomorrow. Happy Christmas eve. :)

2 comments:

  1. This is going to be so random…
    One time in Jerome while walking down the street, I saw a cute light orange cat. The cat was eating a piece of cubed cheese and as it started walking I noticed something very strange. He wasn’t neutered so he had huge balls. Haha Well I decided to name him Eggs short for Edgar. I thought I would share that with you since your sisters cat’s name is Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA that made me laugh, thanks. :) hahahah

    ReplyDelete