Sunday, January 24, 2010

Atypical sunday night

I heard recently from a friend that if you don't think back on memories regularly, they go away. they just vanish, and then you can't remember, even if you try. Which scares me. I have so many memories I don't want to vanish. I feel like I should be writing about them so much more regularly than I do.
this is back from sophomore year... and the only reason I put it on here is because it makes me laugh literally every time I see it, and a picture gets peoples' interest when they see the blog title. This is like, the most perfectly captured moment ever. I look exactly like i'm talking to the pizza. priceless.

So I'm sitting here drinking my second cup of English breakfast tea for the day, just thinking. I've had a good weekend. The snow was fun because I got to hang out with friends more than I usually do, and snow is always fun, but it would get annoying and extremely inconveniencing living somewhere where it snows more than once in a great while, like it does here.

I went to see my counselor on saturday for one of the last times. It's always a nice release and i'll miss it, even though I won't miss having to go to phoenix for the appointments. I guess we've agreed that i'll stop going when I graduate. Or once my parents' divorce is official. I guess they figure I won't have any stress factors in my life once those things happen. Hahah.
Mom and I went shopping after my appointment, which was very fun and successful. I finally got some above the knee boots and a black blazer, which was a very, very good buy... I feel like just the blazer opens up so many outfit possibilities.
I'm ridiculous. hahaha. What can I say, I take my clothing very seriously and i'm proud of it.

Today I saw avatar, which was very good, but I still don't understand ALL the hype. Like why it's still getting sold out weeks after its premiere. But oh well.

So after reading a friend's recent blog i'm left with thinking about my own friends and how I wish I handled friendship differently. I don't understand why it's so hard for me to tell my friends that I love and care about them, and why that's not a regular thing. It's almost like we're guys and we're too macho to acknowledge things like that. Or maybe that's just me. I just wish I had handled things differently in the past. It seems like over time it's gotten harder and harder for me to tell people how I feel about things. And I don't know why.
I've been thinking about college a lot lately. Not stressing over it so much, but thinking about what it will be like to leave here. To leave my friends and break up with my boyfriend because, being the realistic/pessimistic person I am, I don't think long distance would work. And being the coward that I am, I don't want to run the risk of being broken up with when he realizes that there's a whole other world out there that doesn't include me, or having to break his heart... I would much rather it be mutual and equal for the both of us. I'm lucky that some of my closest friends are going to the same college as me. I'm also excited to make new friends. I'm worried that I WON'T make new friends. And that, like my mother says, if I don't involve myself right away i'll be sucked into this black hole of introversion and shyness, only to stay in my dorm room alone until people notice me. That sounds like something I would do. I need to force myself to be less passive about socialization for once.

Anyways, it's sunday night and I have nothing to do for once. No work i'm scrambling to get done. I'm still going to be so tired tomorrow morning. I'm going to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Elyse, I know you will make tons of friends! But I know exactly what you mean I'm nervous about it to. There will be so many different kinds of people in college though we will have to find at least someone we will click with! And about Sam I imagine having a long distance relationship would be really hard but I guess if both of you really wanted to you could find a way to make it work. On the plus side there will be a lot of cute new guys in college, that might not make you feel better though but just something to think about! ;)

    ReplyDelete